Find Latest Cheap Deals & Discount Offers !

Flipkart.com

Friday, July 8, 2011

Ordered A Fujifilm Finepix S2950 From Flipkart !

Finally its been done, my search for a super zoom digital camera has ended with Fujifilm Finepix S2950, and I have ordered the same from Flipkart.

Since June 10th 2011, when I had first posted the information about the discount offer for S2950, prices have still come down further, and the price that I ordered at is Rs.9500/- ( MRP Rs.11,000) .I will also recieve a 4GB SD Card and a Lowepro Stockholm 110 DSLR Shoulder Bag free.

After going through many reviews about the picture quality and overall performance of Fujifilm Finepix S2950, when I finally decided to buy it, there were two competing offers which were equally well. One was, as I told earlier was on Flipkart and the other was on Letsbuy where the final price was Rs.100 cheaper than Flipkart, and they offered 8GB SD card + a camera bag as freebies. Letsbuy offer  was equally good (may be better than Flipkart) but it was the FREE  Lowepro Stockholm 110 DSLR Shoulder Bag which actually swung the buy decision in favour of the Flipkart offer and I placed the order for the same.

It took me hardly 5 minutes to fill in the order form on Flipkar and place my order (I have chosen the option to pay Cash On Delivery). Received the confirming auto generated email with order details and account password, through which I can track my order.

 Next day, afternoon of 5th, I received a call from Flipkart  confirming my order and promising delivery within 2 working days. Also recieved a email that my order has been shipped by Aramex Courier, also giving a Tracking ID through which I can track the order on courier company website.

I was expecting the camera to be delivered today. The courier company website was showing the status as Shipment on Hold at warehouse for octroi clearance, since the status had not changed since morning I decided to call Flipkart to know the actual situation.

I called Flipkart Customer Support (works 24X7 Mon to Sun) it was a number in Bangalore ( sigh ... they dont provide a toll free number), the person at the other end of the line told me the same thing I had already seen on the courier company website. He accepted that the camera should have been delivered today, he promised some one from the Flipkart office will call me tomorrow with more information.

Hopefully I wiil be able to lay my hands on much awaited Fujifilm Finepix S2950 , and then I will share the photos and review the camera in detail.


Update - 8/7/2011, 8pm.

I have not yet recieved the   S2950 today, neither is there any communique from Flipkart side. Yesterday when I had called the Flipkart Bangalore Office about the delay, the person I spoke to promised that somebody will be calling me today about the update on the situation but ... no phone call, no sms no email.

I also checked the status about my order on the courier company website, and the status has not been updated and remains the same as yesterday morning - Shipment on Hold at warehouse for octroi clearance

Now I am in a jam, I had orderd the S2950 for a function which is going to be held tomorrow evening, I guess now I will have to depend on my old faithful Canon IXUS60 ... good camera, but the zoom is just 3X :(

Will keep you all updated about he latest situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment